Perth - Re-cap

Perth Travel Blog

After a few nightmare hiccups the trip has got progressively better [although I am now doing a different trip as of tomorrow but at least I'm doing a trip!]. Spent my last night in Perth chillin' with Jordan and his friends brother out at the same bar we went to on Monday devouring a nice 'Roo steak - yummy! A few glasses of rouge later and it was back to pack and get some shut eye.

Before I get onto to things in Darwin I'd better infill all the details since Tuesday...

Had a lazy day at Cottlesloe beach on Tuesday  [nice a sunny but a little windy for a dip!] then met Jordan in the evening as he persuaded me to watch Saw4  - I have to say don't usually like those kind of films - totally grossed me out andwas the most violent stomach churning thing I've ever seen - I definitely won't be watching the other 3 that preceded it, think I'll have nightmares forever otherwise...I'm such a girl.

Then went  to check out Kings park Wednesday as from here you get some great views of the city, after a meander round the park I decided to chill out on grass for a while as Tuesday night I forgot to mention Jordan and I met some Scottish guys from our flight who preceded to take me out on the town till 4am to the only club open in Perth on a Tuesday..I kid you not the place is like a ghost town in the week after dark. So a well earned rest was needed Wednesday to sleep off my hangover. I perked up enough after lunch to go for a run down the esplanade before meeting my friend from work's sister and her boyfriend at their place north of perth and they treated me to dinner, which was gorgeous and lovely of them too.

Thursday was an early start up the coast to visit the Janchep national park and get up close and personal with some Koala's and see some 'Roos, after that there was time to marvel at the spooky pinnacles rock formations before having a blast at some sand boarding, slightly different to when I did it last in NZ as this time the board looked more like a snowboard instead of the boogie boards I'd tried before. Other than the wind blasting sand in every orifice it was great fun - I'm still finding sand in my hair and ears - grim.
The trip was pretty good but not as good as other 1-dayers I'd been on, often though its as much the people as the itineray and this one was rammed with particularly timid female Japanese tourists, so when the opportuinity came to sand board it was unsuprisingly only me & the other two English guys racing to get a board!
After a quick shower and change I went to meet Jordan and Cain again for dinner and a few drinks before an early night as my flight was at 8.30 am Friday, we said our goodbyes and promised to keep in touch via Facebook, looks like there's another state I now need to visit in the USA!

debsadams1979 says:
I loved all the beautiful places in and around Perth though, it made up for the quiet CBD. How are you finding living there?
Posted on: Sep 02, 2010
sshaunaa says:
I've been living in Perth for a year and a half and I had no idea there was a bar that stayed open that late on a Tuesday! And you're right, the city, for the most part anyway, is pretty much dead after 6pm
Posted on: Sep 02, 2010