The Return to BC

Vancouver Travel Blog

Vancouver, is absolutely one of my favorite cities. With its chill vibe and beautiful scenary, it is the most well liked and livable city in north america (at least in my opinion) On this trip I got to revisit the beautiful Stanley Park and the Sea Wall, Granville Island, Kitsilano and its beach, North Van near Capilano Trail, Downtown, Commercial area and well, I think I had a run around the whole city. If you are a vegetarian and want to go to a conscious place thats hip and happening I'd go here. I can reccomend lots of great restaurants (Like The Naam in kits, it is open 24 hours and serves yummy vegetarian/vegan food), and although the time I went there wasnt any festivals, there is always jazz and film ones to look forward to, come summer. The highlight for me is always the Granville Island Market, because it is so beautiful and colorful. And there are lots of touristy places to shop (not as much as in gastown) but a few, as well as arty stores as well. (The Emily Carr  art college is there) Oh and if you like art its a must to go to the Vancouver Art Museum. They had an amazing photography exhibit (early stuff) and every tuesday from 5-9 is only a suggested 5 dollar donation. Nature wise, there are parks aplenty, but Id say that stanley park is big enough to satisfy with its old growth and green trails. North Van offers a lot of that too (sadly it rained really heavy the day we planned to go, and somewhat recently a big storm shut down a lot of trails) Commercial or The Drive as it is called, isnt exactally as I remember it, but it still is a fun and funky spot and I love that everyone is so into their pets here. Vancouver is a very pet friendly city. :) Lots of bookstores and produce markets too... Makes me happy. I had such a great time, I hope to make visiting vancouver a regular thing.
bcbusdriver says:
Glad to see you liked Vancouver, even if the weather was not great. Too bad because this month has been dry by our standards.
Posted on: Feb 28, 2008