Second and third day in Bangkok.

Bangkok Travel Blog

Sky Train to Siam.

Today we bought our traintickets at the trainstation for the nighttrain from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. We toke the firstclass tickets, price pro person 1453 Baht.  After that we go to one of the parcs in Bangkok. We choose Lumphini Parc. This is the main parc of Bangkok. It's callled after the birthplace of Boeddha and there are 2 lakes. At the side of Silom Road is a statue of Rama the 6th. In the morning many chinese come here to practice t'ai chi chu'an. But we're to late to see this. There are many joggers in the parc. It's nice and quiet in the parc.  At the northside of the parc you can buy snake blood and gall. It's consumed by superstitious people who are afraid of diseases. Sorry, but I'll pass.

Than we got back to the hotel for a refreshing dive in the pool of the hotel.

Later that day we went shopping for some nice, cheap watches and I bought an orange bracelet with text on 1 side: "Long live the king" and at the other side: "we love our king" in Thai. Everybody has 1 in Thailand, so why not me? And for when I get home, we also have almost a King. :) We had a nice dinner at the MBK shopping centre at the "The Fifht" restaurant. It's fresh made world cuisine and you can choose from all different counters. Ofcourse, I only toke Thai food. Pad Thai, just loving it.

Traffic in Bangkok
Traffic in Bangkok
A big shopping centre.
A big shopping centre.
Train station Bangkok
Train station Bangkok
boat on the Chao Praya.
boat on the Chao Praya.
swimming pool at the hotel.
swimming pool at the hotel.
cirkel around the sun.