Arrivel in Chiang Mai.

Chiang Mai Travel Blog

Train station Chiang Mai

What a night. I didn't sleep for more than a hour. I'm not just to noises of trains. And there was much noice in and outside the train. But I did see the sun come up and the changing of landscape. How beautifull that is. I'm glad, I was not the only one who was awake. Most of the passengers were awake before 6 o'clock a.m. We became breakfast around 7 o'clock. It was toast with a fried egg, fried ham and some jam. And a nice mug of tea and orange juice. After breakfast our cabine was changed back, so the beds were gone and we could sit on the bench again. Outside the scenery is getting more beautifull by the minute. It's so different here than Bangkok. Around 10 o'clock am. we arrive in Chiang Mai.

Guesthouse: Smile House.
It's so quiet here. No queue up for leaving the trainstation. GREAT!!! There are some locals who will try to get you to there hotels or guesthouses, but they are not annoying. We already desided to which guesthouse we were going, so we to a mini bus to it. Our guesthouse is called "Smile guesthouse". To be honest, the name sounds good and happy, but the crew who worked there, have never heard or tryed to smile. It's nice and clean the rooms, but the receptionist was far from friendly. Maybe she became her period, but what a twit was she. My husband even deside to look for a other guesthouse, but I determined to stay. I want to get some sleep and don't want to seek for a other guesthouse at almost the hottest point of the day. So, we stayed.  After a good sleep for a few hours and a refreshing shower, we went exploring Chiang Mai.
Street sign.
It's a nice town, with a lot of shops for trips around Chiang Mai.  We eat some spicy green curry with chicken in a small restaurant and drunk a nice fruitshake with it. Than we went to one of the temples, who are situated in the centre of the city. Everything in the temple is gold collored. With the sun shining at it, you almost need to wear your sunglasses to enter it. But it's pretty. After a nice frappuccino at Starbuck's, we went to see the night market. Wow, you name it, they got it. Everything is for sale here. We bought a Thai football shirt from the national team of Thailand, for my little cousin of 8. Everywere we go for holiday, we bring a shirt from the football team of that country, along.

Around 10 o'clock pm, we went to bed. We have to get up early tomorrow, we booked a trip to an elephant parc nearby Chiang Mai.

Ronniew says: