AsiaChinaBeijing

Beijing & Louyang China

Beijing Travel Blog

We had to get up early since we scheduled for the driver to take us to the Summer Palace and Forbidden City.  We thought we would try to see these two places before we headed to the airport for our flight to Louyang.

We made it to the Summer Palace after a hair-raising car ride on the freeway. I took some video of the ride but it is too large of a file to post here.  I don’t think he stayed in one lane more than 2 minutes!

The summer palace was crowded and it appeared that several of the areas were closed for repairs (which seemed to be happening everywhere for the Olympics).

We practically ran through the place (no joke), since we had about 40 minutes and the place was probably as big as Disneyland.

We then sped over to the Forbidden City.  On the way, I grabbed a picture of the Olympic Stadium that is in progress of being built.

We made it over to Forbidden City alive through morning traffic. Again, we kind of ran through.  Maybe if we had more time I would have enjoyed them both more, but I think we both agreed that we could have done one or the other and it would have sufficed. I think if you are in Beijing you can walk through the Forbidden City and skip the Summer Palace.
Beijing