Arrival in Sydney

Sydney Travel Blog

I left Hawaii Friday at midnight and arrived at 7:30am Sunday in Sydney. The flight was 10 long hours and it was freezing! (I adapted quickly to the warm weather in Hawaii). My hosts live in Mosman on the North Shore of Sydney. They have a beautiful view of the harbour. Sydney is the most beautiful city I have visited. When you take the ferry (they are a common form of public transport around the harbour) the city can be seen all around you and it feels very big.

My hosts took me to breakfast at a very nice cafe overlooking Balmoral Beach. After that we took the ferry to Circular Quay and walked around the city and the market in the Rocks district. The market is sells alot of fine quality crafts and art. Unfortunatley I can't buy anything because I don't have room in my suitcase. This coming week I will be doing mundane things like getting a tax file number, cell phone, and looking into accomodation.

Tuesday is the Melbourne Cup (horse racing) - this is celebrated all over Australia and the woman all dress up to work that day and wear big fancy hats. The weather on Sunday was beautiful but this week is a bit cold and overcast. The Taronga zoo is very close to Mosmon so I might do that this week as well.

a_mahmood81 says:
I stayed in Mosman too! It's so nice. I was there in 2003, and remember having a cuppa and a slice of cake at the cafe at Mosman Wharf. I'll never forget it!
Posted on: Oct 17, 2008