A short time in Bremen

Bremen Travel Blog

Bremen Hauptbahnhof (Central Station)
Now it's my turn to visit Phydie in Germany (which I am actually a national of). I went to Hamburg from Oslo via Bremen and it was my first time to come there. I had no idea how to get to the Central Station from the Bremen Airport but Phydie told me that I can go there by either using the tram or the train/subway. I was gonna go for the train but I found the tram first and hopped on it not knowing where it was heading.

I tried to buy ticket from the machine but I had no coins and I was so conscious of everybody in the tram looking at me as if I was so stupid not to understand how it works (which I am sad to admit is almost true). So I went back to my seat and prayed that the next stop would be at the central station so I can get off before I get caught by the ticket control. But it was about 7 more stops until I saw some signs of the central station. I had seen some of Bremen while on the tram so I had a bit of a free tour.

When I got inside the central station I looked at the train schedules and saw that the next train that leaves for Hamburg was leaving in 10 minutes so I rushed myself inside. I couldn't find the ticket machines anywhere so I went straight to platform. Sometimes, I just can't think properly because instead of looking for the elevators, I used the stairs to get on the platforms and there were like not less than 30 steps and I had to carry about 35 kilos of weight (my baggages) with me. I didn't got on the train, unfortunatey, and had to go back down (I finally used the lift) to find the ticket machines.

The ticket machines wouldn't accept 50 euro bills so I went to the bookstore and bought some postcards which was actually a good idea since I collect them. I purchased my ticket and went up again and waited for the next train.

I will someday see more of Bremen and actually tour it and not just pass by. ^^
ilvagul says:
This is funny... I had no idea how to use the damn ticket machine in the tram as well! I bet it happens to a lot of visitors there.
Posted on: Jul 16, 2010
DefDulce says:
I would hope you learned your lesson about packing..lighter is better :)
Posted on: May 15, 2008
Bremen Hauptbahnhof (Central Stati…
Bremen Hauptbahnhof (Central Stat…
photo by: aloneinthecrowd