Do it yourself bread

Manhattan Travel Blog

The harvest of my culinary efforts

I think everybody knows that I am very content living in the USA. The land has many positive things. But that does not mean there are no downsides. This log entry is by no means meant to list the few discomforts, shortcomings, and flaws of the country. But there is one thing I am dearly missing and that is some freshly baked bread. The supermarkets in my area only sell factory bread, which tastes like a sponge. Besides that it seems that the bakers add sugar to the dough. There are also bakeries that sell more exclusive bread. Sometimes it comes close but never completely. Even the casino bread one sells in Chinatown does not pass my spoiled demands.

So, I decided to make some bread myself. I experimented a bit with yeast, flour and milk en yes other some kneading, rising, more kneading, shaping, more rising, and baking I prepared myself some pretty good rolls. Now some of my colleagues call me Mr. Baker....

misseejjay says:
Toch aardig om te weten dat er zulke verschillen tussen het brood in NY en Holland bestaan....Mr. Baker ;-)
Posted on: Mar 19, 2011
misseejjay says:
Zou een leuke bijverdienste kunnen zijn ;-) Zien er geweldig uit. I almost can smell them :-D
Posted on: Mar 18, 2011