The disadvantage of being a steady bill payer

Manhattan Travel Blog

The pile of 67 credit card offers

Maybe it is a Dutch Calvinistic thing, but I do not like to live on credit. Using a credit card in the US is a very common thing. The plastic card is accepted almost anywhere. Payment is handy, fast, and is often linked to a free insurance or other handy thing. The credit card I am currently using is also linked to a nice saving system which give me a flight within the United States or other nice goodies for free.

Spending by swiping the credit card is easy. Paying the bill is a complete different story for many Americans. Many of them loose track and spend more than they can pay. This can result in pretty dramatic situations. Especially nowadays with the financial crisis still hovering around.

The pile of 67 credit card offers spread out

As said, I use my credit card for almost anything. But since I hate to have debts and want to avoid the extreme fees that are charged if you do not pay in time I simply pay in time! Since I have been doing this for the past years I got an excellent credit rating. And this results in the fact that other banks start offering me credit cards as well. Not once in a while but multiple a week!

I saved every offer starting the end of December 2010 until today. This added up to a pile of 67 offers, which is an average of about 3 offers per week! What a waste of paper! Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de bijgesloten foto ook vertoond wordt.Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat

NJTProadcruiser says:
Are you sure people aren't paying with debit cards as well??? I know a lot of people who won't carry cash. While I like paying in cash as well, sometimes I don't have the time to visit the a bank machine and need to pay with debit :D
Posted on: Jun 23, 2011
heilong says:
Amen to this :-)
Posted on: Jun 23, 2011
The pile of 67 credit card offers
The pile of 67 credit card offers …
The pile of 67 credit card offers…
Manhattan