Snowy Creatures on the Highline

Manhattan Travel Blog

Snowcreatures on the highline

In my previous weblog entries I already reported we had some fresh snow. Usually when there is fresh snow you can find me with my X-country skis in one of the New York City Parks or in the forests around the city. Or I just stay inside.

This weekend I was honored with a visit of my colleague Geert B. Geert was on his way to Orlando, Florida and chose to make a stopover in New York. He asked me to show him some nice sites of the city, which was a rather difficult question with (melting) snow everywhere and with temperatures around the freezing point and more snow forecasted.

Our day turned out to be: visiting the Highline Park, visiting Ground Zero and the World Financial Center, walking the Brooklyn Bridge, visiting Brooklyn Heigths, Fulton Ferry and Dumbo, walking the Manhattan Bridge and visiting Chinatown.

Snowcreatures on the highline
All things I had done before, several times, but things I consider so pleasant that I do not mind doing them over and over again. And today it was all new to me since I had never visited any of these sites in the snow. Which gave some nice surprises. On the highline for example creative people had created all kinds of snowmen or snowmen like statues like dinosaurs, a caterpillar, and a lizard.

More pictures below.Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de bijgesloten foto ook vertoond wordt. Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de bijgesloten foto ook vertoond wordt.

Snow on the Brooklyn Bridge