Nostalgic shopping at,.. Albert Heijn

Albert Heijn - Zeelandia - Curacao Travel Blog

"Welcome to Albert Heijn" in Papiamentu

Although I am not complaining about the things one can buy in the American super markets there are always those little things that I am missing from The Netherlands. Licorice, speculaas cookies, chocolate, etc. etc. When I am in The Netherlands you'll always find me at one of the super markets of Albert Heijn. Since I had not been in The Netherlands for more than half a year my stocks of Dutch delicacies were completely gone, a refill was desperately needed.

I was very thrilled when I found out that Albert Heijn opened a supermarket on Curaçao as well. I had ranked a visit to this shop very high on my must do list. And today, was the chosen day!

The supermarket is located in Zeelandia, and industrial area.

Albert Heijn, Zeelandia
The shop looks exactly like a (big) Dutch Albert Heijn supermarket. They sell almost everything they also sell in the Netherlands, AND the things (mostly imported from the USA) other Curaçao super markets sell. So, I had the strange experience of seeing typical Dutch food like "beschuit" next to stuff I usually only see in the USA.

I bought goodies for a small capital and was very happy!

The only concern: would it fit in my suitcase? Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de bijgesloten foto ook vertoond wordt. Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de

Welcome to Albert Heijn in Papia…
"Welcome to Albert Heijn" in Papi…
Albert Heijn - Zeelandia - Curacao