Global Corporate Challenge

Manhattan Travel Blog

The results of my team so far. (green bars is me: red line is team average)

APG is participating in a very nice global event. The Global Corporate Challenge. Companies from all over the world can participate and send in teams consisting of seven employees. These teams are given a walking kit that contains: a GCC Walking Backpack, 2 x GCC pedometers, GCC walking socks and GCC stress globe. Teams were created by HR drawing papers with names. I ended up in a team with colleagues Peter, Lara, Lisa, Beata, Mark, and Mike.

It is the pedometers that do the job. Every participating employee is supposed to wear the little device on his/her belt. It is designed to count every step taken during the day. At the end of the day every participant will log into the special website of the GCC to input the number of steps.

The team's total will determine the position of the team. The website gives a nice virtual overview of the path hiked. We started in London UK and I'll see where we will end up.

The GCC organization was so kind to provide me with a conversion table so I could use my Smoky Mountain hikes as the input for the first days. It is amazing to see how many steps one takes on a normal day. Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de bijgesloten foto ook vertoond wordt. Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de bijgesloten foto ook vertoond wordt. Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te

The results of my team so far. (gr…
The results of my team so far. (g…
457,535 km (284,299 miles) traveled