Flight to The Netherlands via Paris

Charles de Gaulle Airport Travel Blog

Crossing the Channel, although difficult to see, both tips of land are visible in the distance

It has almost been a year since I was in the Netherlands. So, it was about time to go back. Besides meeting friends and family I also had a lot of stuff on my agenda like extending my Dutch drivers license and boring things like that.

After saving frequent flyer point for years I finally could book myself a "free" flight from JFK to Amsterdam. This was of course an Air France flight via Paris, since direct flights are always more expensive. To my horror I still had to pay about USD 300 for fees, taxes, fuel surcharges and other nonsense. So far the idea of free flights...

When I checked in online, I saw a nice seat that looked to be in a less crowded part of the plane. A good choice, upon boarding I found out this was a Premium Voyageur seat.

Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
A seat that offers 40% more leg room, wide chairs, a huge television screen, etc. Sometimes one deserves to be lucky. I was very pleased.

The flight to Paris was quite standard, despite the nice chair I slept horrible. Crossing the Channel was nice because the tips of England and France could be clearly seen. We arrived in time at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport. Immigration was quick and efficient, the connecting flight to Amsterdam was in time.

More pictures below! Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de bijgesloten foto ook vertoond wordt. Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de bijgesloten foto ook vertoond wordt.

Crossing the Channel, although dif…
Crossing the Channel, although di…