Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania

Delaware Water Gap Travel Blog

At the brink of Dingmans Falls

The Delaware Water Gap is a National Recreation Area managed by the National Park Service. It is located around a mountain area that was formed about 400 million years ago when the American continents collided and pressure forced the quartzite layer up. The Delaware River slowly cut out a path through this terrain creating a pleasant landscape.

The border between the states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania is right in the center of the park along the river. So the park is in two states at the same time. I had visited the New Jersey section several times before. See here, here, and here.

On my way driving back from Hagerstown town MD, where I spent the night, to New York the weather, which had been really rainy, became better and better.

Dingmans Falls
By the time I got to the New Jersey border the sun was fully shining. I decided to pay another visit to the water gap, this time to the Pennsylvania area.

I took the park road and drove north, did a 30-minute hike around the Pocono Environmental Education Center, and headed to Dingmans Falls. Dingmans Falls has a 40-meter (130 ft) drop in several sections. One has to make a short hike to get there. A boardwalk allows the visitor climb from the base to the brink. I had the falls all for myself! My last stop was the Raymondkills Falls, with 46 meters (150 ft) the highest waterfall in the state of Pennsylvania.

One more pictures below. Dezde fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat

Raymondskill Falls