Alaska Day 19 - Sleepy in Seattle

Seattle Travel Blog

My two flight legs ANC-SEA-JFK

As mentioned in my previous blog I said good bye to Stephan in the Continental Airlines Terminal of Ted Stevens International Airport in Anchorage, and made my way to the other end of the airport to the Alaska Airlines terminal. The first leg was to be flown by this carrier.

Alaska Airlines was a new carrier for me. I always thought it was a small Alaska based regional airline. But, in fact, it is the 7th airline in the US. And flies as far as Newark and Miami. It even flies non Alaska related routes like to Mexico, California and Hawaii! And no, it is not an Anchorage Alaska but Seattle Washington based airline! Yet, it still flies more passengers to and from the state of Alaska than any other airline.

My flights seen from space! Moving over the globe!
The fleet, of mostly Boeing 737s, is painted in the black-white house style with the typical smiling Eskimo logo.

My plane was crowded and at 1:00 AM we departed for the plus 3-hour flight of 2400 km (1490 miles) over the US and Canadian seashores and partly over Vancouver Island. Apart from a nice view on the City of Victoria nothing special could be seen.

Just after 5:00 AM I arrived in Seattle. Stephan, who had landed at almost the other end of the airport 20 minutes earlier, and had to make his way to my terminal with all kind of trains and shuttles, just came into the terminal when I sat down. After the intensive day (see previous blogs) I was pretty tired. We had some breakfast together and then it was goodbye for real. I had to catch my 6:30 AM plane to JFK at yet another end of the huge Seattle-Tacoma airport.

The Alaska Airlines House Style

Another crowded flight for me in a Delta Airlines Boeing 757. A small 4000 km (2450 miles) and plus 5 hours flying were nice to catch up some sleep. Near the Great Lakes we one more time entered Candian airspace. Because of the time difference we landed at the end of the afternoon in New York. So, this is the end of a nice journey! Work starts again tomorrow!

Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de bijgesloten foto ook vertoond wordt.  Deze fake-tekst heb ik toegevoegd om net iets meer regels te genereren zodat deze rare website toestaat dat de bijgesloten foto ook vertoond wordt.  Deze fake-tekst

My two flight legs ANC-SEA-JFK
My flights seen from space! Moving…
My flights seen from space! Movin…
Seattle