7th Heaven's 'Glen Oak Community Church' Location

Studio City Travel Blog

The church featured in 7th Heven is a Disciples of Christ Church in the area of North Hollywood known as Studio City.  First Christian Church of North Hollywood is a beautiful colonial brick building that is home to a vital, open and inclusive congregation.  This is actually one of the first things my now-husband and I did together when we first started dating.  He grew up Disciples of Christ and as a DOC in Southern California he knew all about how FCCNH had been used or 7th Heaven.  We went on a driving tour of LA (per my crazy obsession with film and tv locations) and he took me to see it.

Studio City is also where you'll find Universal Studios (obviously a film location of countless films) and many lovely Hollywood hotels are located nearby to give you easy access to the attractions.  If you're planning on staying over a Sunday consider stoppying by First Church of North Hollywood for a visit to one of their 4 worship services.  They have a thriving homeless and soup kitchen ministry as well as some exciting opportunities for traditional or contemporary worship.  I've met their pastor and he is a lovely man, very down to earth, and he's always willing to listen if you need him to.
KangoSuz says:
That's how I feel! Like for a moment you're part of the fantasy of that show...
Posted on: Nov 05, 2007
pipeguy654 says:
It's always cool when you stumble across a location that is featured in TV or Movies, always throws me for a loop! kinda like stepping into your favorite show.
Posted on: Nov 05, 2007