it was late, but Michael and I met :)

Lima Travel Blog

Yadi & Michael: our first meeting
Early in the morning I arrived from Michigan. I was a bit tired, but I knew Michael was coming that night and we agreed to meet, at least briefly. My plan was taking a nap and meeting him around 10:30pm. Suddenly my cell rang. It was a business call - yes, believe it or not I work, haha. Anyway, I'd have a business dinner and after that I'd meet Michael, so almost no time for a nap. Ufff, it was a busy day: business + TB :P

I was at the dinner when I got Michael SMS. He has already arrived to Lima and was at his hostel. I sent him a SMS back, letting him know I'd be there in 30min more less. It was almost midnight when the dinner was over. I was in a restaurant in the same area where Michael was staying.
new friends - yeah!
So it didn't take me long to arrive to his hostel. I parked, went to the hostel and we met in the lobby of the hostel. It was so nice, finally meeting him. We have been in touch since a while. There were a lot of emails, messages, etc, but no voice or moving face, haha. I was driving, so I didn't want to drink maybe a couple of drinks, but my favorite bar was closed, NOOOOOO! It has been closed by the city hall. I don't know how long it would take until they reopen, hopefully not long and Michael and I can go there when he comes back from the south.

Anyway, we went to a restaurant/bar and sat at the patio. We started to chat and it was funny how I felt we were already friends from some time ago, haha. We had a couple of drinks and he was a bit hungry, so I ordered for him some Peruvian appetizers. Although it was a brief meet up, I had a great time just sitting and talking to Michael. He's a really interesting person, with lot of experiences and wants to learn as much as possible from the different cultures and people. Since he decided to visit Peru, I have been giving him some info about the country and he did his own research online! Wow! I couldn't have asked for somebody more interested in my country and you know I'm proud of my perucito. So, perfect match :)

Well, it was almost 1:30, when we left the place. I had to work tomorrow and Michael was a bit tired after the long trip. This was a short Meet Up, but new adventures would come the next day, hehe.
Lima