My last tb meeting ... from the 2007 :)

Lima Travel Blog

hanging out in Miraflores, a quiet evening

This time I met John and his friend. They have been travelling around Peru for a while. I contacted John sometime ago and he sent me a message when he knew the exact dates they'd be in Lima.

They were staying at a very nice hotel downtown, but... John got food poisoning. That's bad luck, at least there were some days before New Year's Eve, so he'd be ready to party later - oh my God he was going to Rio for New Year's Eve.

I was at the beach during the day and when I came back home I found his message, telling me the whole story. My first plan was going out that day, but if he was sick, no way! Something quiet might be the right thing to do. I called him - he had a local number which was really useful - and we agreed to met in Miraflores. He was looking for white pants and I was thinking about joining them for shopping.

When we met, he had already found the pants, so we didn't need to go to any department store in order to look for them. We met in front of the City Hall in Miraflores and went to a cafe in order to have some juice and a tea - he couldn't drink or eat anything. We were hanging out for a while and I didn't want them to stay up late, because they have to leave Peru the next day before noon and John didn't rest well the night before because of the food poisoning. So we just took a walk through the Central Park. I also gave them a couple of recommendations about what to visit in downtown, because they were staying close.

Anyway, we had a great time just talking about Peru and his adventures here. He was also telling me about his job and other travels. It ws the first time I met somebody who works in animation. This time I was able not only to meet nice people, but also to learn a bit more about new places and maybe choosing a new destination for my future travels :)

I can hardly wait meeting new TB the 2008 :)

hanging out in Miraflores, a quiet…
hanging out in Miraflores, a quie…
Lima