My first second meeting with a travbuddy :)

Lima Travel Blog

having a drink

Wow, this meeting was special. Not only because I met a travbuddy for real, but also because it was the 1st time I met a travbuddy for 2nd time ;)

More than a month ago, I met Ryan personally. He stayed in Lima for a couple of days and went to the north - he was also in Ecuador. Now he was in his way to Cusco, but decided to stop for a couple of days in Lima. He wanted to get his visa for Brazil and well, it was the perfect chance for us to meet again and hang out before he keeps on going through South America.

He was staying in Miraflores and I met him there around 6pm. Because it was near Holidays, the traffic was just crazy! I'm happy I wasn't driving.

check his new piercing!
It was so great meeting him again. I wanted to hear about his adventures in the north. He spent 3 weeks in Cuenca (Ecuador) learning Spanish and got a cool piercing ;)We had something to eat - something arabic. It was really good. Then we went to another hostel where Ryan wanted to spend his last night in Lima. There was free space and he booked for the day after.

Ryan wanted to go to a Casino and we went to one in Miraflores. I don't gamble and don't know how, but Ryan does. So he played while we both got free drinks ;) It was my first time in a casino with a travbuddy. This is not the place I'd show to a travbuddy, so it was something really unique to do ;)

After being gambling for a couple of hours we went to a bar in order to get a couple of beers and listen to some music.  We had fun and then it was time to go. I had to work the next day and Ryan had to go to the Brazilian embassy in order to get his visa and also move his stuff from one hostel to the other.

I feel so good about not only meeting people, but also starting friendships :)

yadilitta says:
hahaha, maybe they're owing me, :)
ctjevans says:
:-o 13? Wow! Lima is apparently a popular destination. I think the Peruvian tourist board owes you some favors ;-)
yadilitta says:
yes, it's so great meeting TBs! I hope this blog will be endless :)
So far, 13 TB's :)
hanging out :)
hanging out :)
Lima Nightlife & Entertainment review
A casino with free drinks and food
This is the largest casino in Miraflores, according to the number of slot machines and table games. Peru is a popular destination in South America… read entire review
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
This is a good budget restaurant. I think it's a good choice if you are feeling you have an "overdose" of local food. This arab restaurant is locat… read entire review
Lima