My first TB from Egypt :)

Lima Travel Blog

with Salah

Today I met Salah. He sent me a message asking for some tips in Peru and we agreed to meet once he is here.  When he arrived to Lima I was in Venezuela, so no way we could meet. He went to Cusco and in his to Ecuador, he had to stop in Lima for almost 8 hours, so we decided to meet.

We met at Larcomar. It was fun, because I passed in front of him at least twice. We both looked at each other, but we weren't sure if we were the people we were looking for, hahaha. Finally he approached and said: Yadi? And that was it!

Salah has already been in Lima for a couple of days, so it was more difficult to show him around, because he has already been in the places I usually show to my TB's, mmm. I realized, I had to try harder. So, instead of staying in Miraflores and drive to Barranco, we drove to Surco. I was 100% sure he hasn't been near my house, hahaha. Surco is one of the biggest districts and has modern and old parts, also it has wealthy and not so wealthy ones. So, it was like showing him a Lima's small version. In our way back to Miraflores - where we would have our cebiche - we crossed other non so touristy districts. Salah wasn't suprised about the traffic at all. He comes from Cairo, so this traffic was easier for him ;)

We enjoyed a delicious and fresh cebiche for lunch. Although it was a bit foggy in Miraflores, the cebiche was perfect. He was telling me about his formers travels and how much he enjoyed Cusco. He's a good traveller who likes to discover the cities, just walking around like the local ones. I find it cool!

I arranged a taxi, which would pick him up and drive him to the airport in order to catch his flight to Quito and keep on travelling. I enjoyed showing him around Lima, talking a bit about our history and culture and most of all I succedeed showing him parts of Lima he didn't know ;)

Lima