A TB Family Dinner :)

Lima Travel Blog

with our desserts

Hahaha. Never I have imagined, meeting TB at my house, with my parents sharing a dinner. Why should someone want to come and have dinner at home? Well, maybe if you want to experience the culture and share some time with a local family... Anyway, it was just great :)

Sachin, Sky & me - the 3 Musketeers - were thinking about cooking a nice dinner and share that with my parents, but by the time we were together we changed our minds. First we went to the supermarket. I wanted them to see all our variety of fruits and veggies. They were having fun, just taking a look there ;) It was supposed to be a short visit, but took longer as expected. After a couple of hours we were ready. We bought wine (Chilean and Argentinian), cheese (at the end we didn't eat it - ooops!), some fruit (grapes, mango, pepino, tuna), some desserts (sauco cheesecake, passion fruit cheesecake, lucuma mousse, crema volteada - like a flan).

a family dinner: Yadi, Sky, Sachin, my dad and my mom. And we are becoming... TB family, hahaha
Once we were ready, we drove back home.

Regarding the entree, we were lazy and it was getting late, so we decided to order a... Pizza, hahaha. But not any pizza, THE best delivery pizza - well according to me. It's Dinno's. It was delicious. I will talk about that pizza in a review. It deserves one. While the pizza was in its way, Sachin was making the last arrangements for his travel the next day and Sky & me were fixing the fruit salad for dessert. Of course the wines were already in the fridge.

My mom arrived and a couple of minutes later the pizza did the same. At the beginning, I wasn't sure how my mom would react, but she was really happy and enjoyed the meeting too. She doesn't speak much English, but made her best to talk to the guys.

Salud!
  All the time I have been thinking, why I like meeting people from different countries so much. Finally I got the answer. When my mom was at school, she enjoyed it too. Hahaha, so it's in my genes :)

My dad arrived and he doesn't speak English. So I became the official translator. We were chatting and taking pictures. We talked about Peru and the different cities and towns here. Which places they MUST visit. The pizza was great, also the fruit salad. So refreshing and with exotic fruits. We were full, but the desserts were waiting for us. I just got 1 slice of each, but it was more than enough. So, everybody could get a bite of them. I really wanted them to try the peruvian flavors.

We spent a really nice family time. I hope Sachin & Sky had a great time, as we did. It was a blast sharing dinner with them at home. Whenever they want to visit this Peruvian family again, they will be more than welcome! My family is becoming a TB family, hahaha. Even Gunther - my puppy :)

sylviandavid says:
What a fun night! I would love this! Sylvia
Posted on: Mar 15, 2008
yadilitta says:
As long as you help me cooking, you'd be welcome. :)
Posted on: Feb 23, 2008
mavislau says:
Could I have dinner at your place if I am able to make to Peru somedays? :D
Posted on: Feb 23, 2008
with our desserts
a family dinner: Yadi, Sky, Sachin…
a family dinner: Yadi, Sky, Sachi…
family dinner!
a close up of our desserts - :P
a close up of our desserts - :P
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
D'nnos Pizza - Deliciously Peruvian
If you are in Lima, your first choice of meal wouldn’t be a pizza. That’s for sure. Anyway, if you feel in the mood for one, but just want your pi… read entire review
Lima