Shopping and Bargain with Minh! We succeeded!!!

Lima Travel Blog

shopping!!!

Wow! Today was a looooong afternoon, but full of fun, hehe. Tomorrow Minh is flying back home, so today was the day to do some shopping, since tomorrow there won’t be enough time to do it. We agreed to meet around noon, after I’m done with work. We met at 1pm and went straight to the Indian Market, which was located walking distance :)

Of course you can get souvenirs at the airport or at the mall, but the prices and variety are much better at the Indian Market. Plus you can bargain to get a better price, hehe. But you can do it properly if you aren’t a local, so that was my duty, hehe. Actually not a hard job, since I enjoy shopping - which woman doesn’t like it? - and I enjoy spending time with new friends.

So what can be better?

Minh wasn’t sure, what he would buy. So we walked around just looking for nice things. He decided to buy coasters, ash thrashers for a friend, a small house with lights and a painting. Now, it was time to find the best prices. My work was getting started, hehe. We developed a system. We asked, but not looking too interested. Then I handled with the salesman/woman. The Indian Market is not a market, actually there is a street full of Indian Markets, but we went straight to the biggest and oldest one.

We found the little house and asked for the price, but the guy didn’t want to charge us less, so we kept on walking. We found a nice art piece and the salesman, Mario, made us a good offer, but we wanted to keep on looking, hehe.

the Pisco Sour!!!
In the meanwhile Minh met 2 girls he had met in Cusco, how fun!!!! We crossed to other market and asked for paintings, but had no luck. Anyway, it was worth since we found the coasters at a very good price, hehe. I almost felt guilty about got a really cheap price… We saw the house too, but couldn’t get a good deal, so we went back to the 1st market to get the paintings and try again with the house and ash thrashers. We have already found the perfect model, but not everyone offers it. So bad, we both like unique things hehe.

We went back to Mario. The original price was S/.150 and after talking to him and giving him a sad look, he agreed to charge S/.115.- hehe. We did it!!! Now, time to look for the house. The guy didn’t want to charge us less, so we decided to go back to the 2nd market for it.

the results of a shopping day!!!
There we got a good deal with the ash thrashers and got a discount on the house. How cool!!! I became a bargain expert, haha. Minh and I were the perfect shopping team, haha. By the time we were ready it was 4:30pm. Wow! Same as me, he is able to spend a lot of time shopping and looking for the best prices, haha. We were like kids playing and having fun in the stores, haha, talking and laughing.

Ok, time to eat something. Since it was late and we didn’t want to eat that much. We ended going to one of my favorites cafes in front of Central Park, just walking distance for the Indian Market. We saw a nice combination, which included a Pisco Sour �" Minh needed his daily dose haha �" appetizers, dessert and a cappuccino. We have been chilling out and talking about our travels and experiences. I was telling him about TB and how fun it is. Talking about the Meet Up and people I met through this site. We had a really cool time.  And he confessed me, he was afraid he’d become an addict. Hey! What’s wrong with that? I’m an addict, haha.

Well, this is not the end of Minh’s story. He has 1 day more in Lima, so there might come another entry :)

I was able to get a good deal, haha
I was able to get a good deal, haha
yummy appetizers
yummy appetizers
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Nice Cafe in Miraflores - good food and good drinks
I'd say this is a bohemian setting, actually with three locals in Lima, 2 of them in Miraflores (one in the mall Larcomar and the other one in front o… read entire review
Lima