Sachin was back in Lima ;)

Lima Travel Blog

enjoying a nice lunch at Mango's

Two weeks ago I met Sachin. He left Lima in order to go to the south and visit Nazca and Arequipa. He was supposed to be there for 1 week, but at the end he stayed longer. That means he had fun over there :)

Anyway, he left some stuff in Lima because he was coming back before going to Cusco. I was the "safe" and kept his stuff. So, we met on Sunday morning to give him back his stuff - well this was just the excuse. Actually, we wanted to hang out and I wanted to listen his adventures in the south. Sure he wanted to know about it, because he had been there just a couple of days before I was. I'm glad, nothing bad happened to him. And also he knows Ski. So it was an adventure about his new 2 friends.

going downstairs to the beach...

We had lunch in Miraflores - at the mall in front of the sea. I wanted him to try something local. Not just Peruvian, because he's gonna be in Peru for another couple of weeks. Something from Lima. So we had a big appetizer, which contained: Ceviche, Causa (mashed golden potatoes stuffed with crab), Octopus in Olive Sauce and Choritos a la chalaca (mussels with onion, tomatoes and corn). It was really fresh, perfect for the hot day! We were talking about our experiences last week.  For dessert we had ice cream in a Gelateria in the mall. The day was too hot, so the ice cream was just perfect!

Sachin hasn't been yet at the beach in Lima. There was late to drive south, but we were close to the beach in Miraflores. Actually, we were just walking distance. We just had to go downstairs. This was also my first time walking to that beach, hahaha. So thanks to him, I discovered something new of my city too :)

A long walk after a delicious lunch was perfect! By 5pm we were walking back to Miraflores' center. Oh! Before doing anything else, Sachin needed to buy something so we went to a department store. While we were there, I contacted Rom and after stopping in a Supermarket to buy some liquid element we went to his house.

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon and we spent a relaxing day just chatting and enjoying the nice weather. It was still warm, but we were at the terrace, so it was breezy too. Sachin was telling us about his future plans and we were also talking about the differences in our countries. It's so great being able to know different cultures and customes through nice people :)

We stayed there until 9pm and then we left. The next day was a work day, so it wasn't a good idea to stay out long. I really enjoyed my quiet day with Sachin. He's gonna stay in Lima until tomorrow :(

but he'll be back in a couple of weeks, yeah! That means I'm gonna meet him later too, :)

yadilitta says:
I remember, my first TB and we went to Mangos :)
It'd be great if you could come here. Maybe I have to go to Montreal first ;)
Posted on: Feb 25, 2008
mario26 says:
i miss to be there my friend!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: Feb 25, 2008
enjoying a nice lunch at Mangos
enjoying a nice lunch at Mango's