More history lessons with Mike and meeting old/new friends :)

Lima Travel Blog

Museum in Pueblo Libre
I knew I would be busy during the morning until the afternoon; so I suggested Mike to go to downtown by his own and meet me later. He followed the recommendations I gave him the night before and enjoyed his visit to downtown; even though he didn’t have time for the catacombs. But he’d see them during his next time in Lima (in 10 days more less). When he was back in Miraflores, he gave me a call and I drove to pick him up and visit somewhere new.

My original idea was to go to Huaca Pucllana, we drove around it the night before; but it was a Tuesday, so it was closed, mmm. Second option for mud pyramids in Lima: “Huaca Huallamarca”. We arrived just in time, since they close at 5pm.

nice old house in Pueblo Libre
We arrived at 4:30pm and the people where so friendly that they kept open until we left. They have a small museum and I was giving history lessons again, haha. Then we climbed the Huaca and I showed him San Isidro. San Isidro is the financial area of Lima and it’s amazing having an old Huaca in the middle of the tall buildings.

Where to go next? Going to a museum will be a long drive – it was the rush hour – plus we might not have much time. So, better go to Barranco – the bohemian area of Lima – to show him something new.  This time I knew the story about the Sigh Bridge and asked him to cross it with his eyes closed and making a wish.

Barranco
While we were walking around, Michael called me. He was coming back to Lima the next day and I was helping him with the last minute arrangements for his travel to Nazca. It was getting a bit cool, so we decided to go for a cup of coffee. Mike was in the mood for something sweet, hehe, so we drove to one of my favorite bakeries. They have really good desserts. I was driving when I got a phone call. It was so embarrassing, I couldn’t recognize who was talking to me and tried made him talk longer to discover who he was. Mmm, he had a funny accent. Suddenly I did it! He was David! He “babysitted” me during my long layover in Miami. Back then we were talking about he’d come to Lima with his sister and friends but I wasn’t expecting his call at all! Hahaha. He just arrived from Cusco and would stay in Lima only that night, so the only chance to meet him was now! Would I be able to do it? Yes, I did!

But before, I had my coffee with Mike.

having fun in Huaringas - enjoying our Piscos - Salud!
Actually he had a coca tea cup and I got an Inca Kola haha. I just got an Apple Tartaleta and he got a dessert with chocolate and lucuma (a Peruvian fruit). He was surprised, I decided to have coffee with him; although I would meet friends later. I told him it was my pleasure sharing time with him and we had already agreed to do it. So, no problems at all. We were talking for almost 2 hours and then I drove him back to his host’s house. When he was about leaving, he asked me for a hug. I gave him a big hug and he told me that the hug was the wish he asked for in Barranco. How sweet!!!

Next thing I drove back home, got changed, parked my car and went to meet David, Ana & Brandon (he is American). I haven’t seen Ana & Brandon since their wedding last year. When I was in Miami with David, I told him that I would be his guide for fun in Lima next time he was in town.

sweet couple: Brandon & Ana
This time was time to prove it, hehe. Hey! I have been hanging out with quite a few people lately, showing them around Lima and having fun no matter if it was a weekend or a weekday and well, I succeeded :)  We went to Huaringas. We arrived there around 11pm and I was surprised the place was packed! OMG it was Tuesday night! Wow, we really like to have fun, haha. We were enjoying some Pisco drinks and Peruvian appetizers. It was Brandon’s 1st time in Lima and he should be introduced to the most delicious pisco drinks. It was so great meeting them after 1 year! They just came back from Cusco, which Brandon loved. David also told me he and a friend might come to Lima by the end of the month, for an electronic concert, mmm. And since I have passed the test, I’d be their guide, haha, at least for fun in Lima ;)

And how is it related to TB besides the fact my guide skills improved thanks to TB? Well, Michael would be here during the weekend and I was planning a TB Mini Meet Up in Lima. Ana & Brandon also wanted to go out for fun and a peña was a good idea for them too. So they would join the TB group, without knowing anything about my secret personality, hehe.

yadilitta says:
jaja, pero cuantos vas tu?
ratu says:
el 50!
yadilitta says:
jajaja, ya perdi la cuenta pero creo que son 35... que numero seras tu???? el primer espanol??? pero tu tambien llevas varios aunque la mayoria que he conocido han estado de visita en LIma :)
Barranco
having fun in Huaringas - enjoying…
having fun in Huaringas - enjoyin…
sweet couple: Brandon & Ana
cool brothers in law: David & Bran…
cool brothers in law: David & Bra…
with David