Mike is back in Lima, where to go now???

Lima Travel Blog

having a healthy dinner.
Mike came back to Lima on Friday. He spent great days in Arequipa, Cusco and Puno. Everything went perfect, but he was sick the past 2 days – bad chicken :(. Happily he was doing much better. He wanted to meet on Sunday, but I wasn’t able to do it. My family needs a Yadi’s dose too, haha. So we agreed to meet on Monday afternoon, after work. He was staying with the same family he did a couple of weeks ago.

So it was really easy for me to go there and pick up him. He wanted to go to a museum, but it was closed on Mondays. So we need other plans. He had another thing to do: Souvenir shopping. Well, I’m the bargain expert, so let’s do it!

We went to the Indian Market and he bought presents for her grand daughters.

my Oriental Salad - so tasty!!!
We both were glad I was there, since I helped him choosing the presents, haha. My bargain skills have improved and we got good deals, haha. By 6:30pm we were ready. He asked me if I wanted to eat something, but it was still early. So we drove around Miraflores / San Isidro to show him a bit about Lima. Then we went to one of my favorite bakeries: San Antonio. It’s always difficult to find parking place, but when we arrived another car was leaving. So we found the perfect spot on perfect time, haha. We wanted to eat something light and he got a fruit salad – which was huge! – and I got a Veggie Salad – very tasty and big too, haha. For drinks I wanted him to try the “Chicha Morada” a Peruvian soft drink. We were just talking about his future plans. He would leave Lima in a couple of days or maybe the next day, in order to go to the North. We were talking about the best way to do it and also he was telling me fun stories about his football team, haha. He has season tickets and would be back home just on time for the football season, haha.

At first, Mike was thinking about leaving the next day, but since I’d have time to meet him early, he decided to stay 1 more day in Lima, haha. I guess, we would finally be able to visit that museum tomorrow.

Lima