Mark and the Maracuya ;)

Lima Travel Blog

with Mark in San Antonio

well, Mark hasn't joined this site YET (most used word now hahaha). I've already sent him and invitation and wait for his acceptance soon. I'm not only knowing members of this cool site, but also their friends :)

Mark came to Lima with Huy - a member, but stayed an extra day. I took care of the big boy ;) I found it really useful he bought a SIM Card in Peru for his mobile, so we were in touch easily. If you can do it when you are here, let's do it!

I gave him some tips and he spent the day by his own. I felt bad I couldn't join him, but we met later. We went to a supermarket - how exciting! hahaha, so he was able to see the fruits, veggies, fishes, etc he ate in Peru, including his favorite: the Maracuya - Passion Fruit!

After our tour we went for something to eat. As we weren't starving, we went to San Antonio - a nice Cafe. We had peruvian food: Empanadas (w.meat and w. chicken & veggies), Pastel de choclo (corn cake), Tamal; for dessert: Alfajor (it has cream caramel - very sweet), Semifredo de Maracuya (like a Passion Fruit's mousse - a bit sour) and one made of chocolate and lucuma (another peruvian fruit not too sweet). Of course he drank a frozen juice of Maracuya ;)

We were hanging out until it was time to leave. I hope I can visit Mark and Huy next time I'm going to New Orleans. You know, I have to go through Houston, so I'd fix the schedule, hahaha

trying an Alfajor, uhmmmmm
trying an Alfajor, uhmmmmm
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Delicious Bakery - San Antonio
San Antonio is so well-known and so well-loved, that it’s hard to find someone who’s not familiar with it. Anyone who has visited can attest to th… read entire review
photo by: rsvpme