Krish, see you soon...

Lima Travel Blog

having lunch at Pardo's chicken.

Well, Friday arrived. The plan was that Krish would go to Arequipa and by the time she'd be back in Lima, I'd be out of town. So, this was our last day in Lima :(

Krish changed her plans and instead of spending more time in Peru, she wanted to fly back home asap. A friend of her helped to find a flight for that night. He suceeded, but the final decision would be take by the airline at the airport. We just needed to be patient and cross the fingers.

Anyway, we decided to have lunch together. She loved the chicken in Peru and it was her last lunch in Lima, so we went to Pardo's Chicken.  We had "Yuquitas a la Huancaina" for appetizer. The yuca is a root similar to the potato and the huancaina is a dressing made with milk, cheese, yellow pepper, salt and pepper.

3 friends: Krish, Romain & me
It was really good. We got salads with chicken and for drink an Inca Kola - the national soda! Our waiter, Eugenio, was really kind and helpful. I asked him for a souvenir and he gave Krish some merchandising stuff. The lunch was really good. I had to go back to work and Krish needed to start packing. We agreed to meet later. She wanted to buy a couple of souvenirs for friends and family and I wanted to join her to the airport.

We met around 6pm. We went to Miraflores square, where she got the stuff she was looking for - including a cartoon portrait of herself, hahaha. Then we went back home and Romain was already there. It was 9pm and we left to the aiport. Time to say good bye was coming closer... While Romain was driving, Krish and me were singing and just taking pictures of ourselves.

going to the airport
Romain didn't know very well the way, so I was the guide, hahaha.

Finally we arrived to the airport and the clerk in the counter told Krish, she had to wait until all the passengers have already checked in. So, we just went to the Food Court and had our last meal together. My sis was leaving and I was feeling I was loosing a good friend, but I realized I have made not only 1 really good friend - Krish, but also another one (and this one came as a bonus - hehe) - Romain.

Krish was lucky and could leave that night. The poor girl had to flight in Business Class, hahaha.

I can't wait to meet her again, here or in London or... really it doesn't matter where. We have to plan a trip together ;)

mario26 says:
wow very nice
griffis82 says:
Sounds like a nice trip! Too bad she had to leave early. Maybe next time a longer trip.
FR-ank says:
Hi yadira
I can't wait to visit your country with a such helpful (and beautiful) guide... ;>)
have a good one.
Posted on: Jan 21, 2008
having lunch at Pardos chicken.
having lunch at Pardo's chicken.
with our waiter: Eugenio
with our waiter: Eugenio
new friends: Yadi & Romain
new friends: Yadi & Romain
Lima Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
The most delicious roasted chicken at Pardo's Chicken
We say that the peruvian is "Pollero", that means that he eats a lot of chicken. So, it's no suprise that the country is full of "pollos a la brasa" r… read entire review
Lima