Hey Huy :)

Lima Travel Blog

Cheers! with Maracuya Sour :)

what do I enjoy the most??? Travelling... or maybe making foreign friends - sure if it involves travelling would be a dream came true ;)

Last Tuesday I met Huy & Mark. Actually my real travbuddy would be Huy who is part of this site. He contacted me sometime ago when he decided to visit Peru, so I could be able to help him with his plans.  I remember he asked me what is "pisco", now he knows what it is, hahaha.

He and his friend Mark spent a few days in the south of Peru. We have been in touch while they were there and let me know when they were coming to Lima. I went to the hostel in order to pick them up, but they arrived later than I expected. I was a bit worried, just hoping they didn't get lost.

Huy & Mark having "anticuchos"
But they arrived safe, yeah!

I felt really happy about meeting them :) It was about 9 when we finally went out. First of all they wanted to have something for dinner, so we went to Larcomar . When I suggested going to the mall, Huy was a bit afraid about the idea of going to an american place, hahaha. No way, they were in Peru and have to try peruvian dishes. We went to a restaurant - Mango's - and had Maracuya Sours and ordered an appetizer with different peruvian dishes. It was a good meal and we were able to talk a lot and spend a great time.

After that we went to my favorite bar, hahaha, had a beer and keeping on hanging out. Well it has been a long day for them, so the best idea was going back not so late, so they would be able to go out tomorrow and know more about Lima!

sheba124 says:
When I decide to go to South America and visit Peru, now I know who the perfect person contact is :-)
Posted on: Dec 14, 2007
Huy & Mark having anticuchos
Huy & Mark having "anticuchos"
Hanging out in El Tayta