Finally, I met Dan :)

Lima Travel Blog

having lunch

wow, so many things happened that I was afraid we wouldn't have been able to meet. But finally, we did it ;)

I'm not sure who contacted whom first... anyway I'm glad we made it. Some time ago, we started our friendship and as a good local friend I gave Dan some tips regarding his visit to Peru.  The original idea was meeting him and his friend Jonny (my newest travbuddy) at his first day in Lima, but there was a problem with their flight and arrived the day after. So, it was late for meeting them. The idea was going to my favorite bar, but yesterday Jonny just told me they were walking that first night randomly and went to this place and he loved it, hahaha. I think I was guiding them even I wasn't next to them :)

After an amazing trip through the country they were coming back to Lima.

cheers!
During the trip, Dan and me were in touch. He just sent me his flight details and I sent a taxi to pick up them. We were unlucky, they were supposed to arrive in the morning, but the flight was delayed. Anyway, we went to Miraflores, had nice views from the see and went to Larcomar in order to have lunch. The days wasn't sunny, but not cool either. It was great for walking. We had a delicious lunch, dessert included, and they tried the chicha morada (purple corn soft drink) and maracuya juice (passion fruit).

They wanted to go to the indian market, but after the big lunch we just walked there. We needed the walking :) They got some souveniers and we went back to the park to take some pictures. Also we went to a supermarket for pisco and the pisco sour mix!

Before going back home, we had to have our last pisco cocktail in Lima.

new buddies!
Well, the last this time - because I'm hoping we can meet again someday and I'll be in charge of the pisco supply - hehehe. We went to this nice cafe - T'anta - and they had their Pisco Sours and I got the Maracuya Sour.  They were showing me some pics of their adventures in Peru and we were talking about different stuff.

After that we just went back home, they needed to pack their new things and leave everything ready. I called a cab to drive them to the airport. They arrived on time, just after we took the last pictures of us. I spent a great day with these 2 nice guys! I'm glad I met them, despite it was a bit difficult. Now I can say I have 2 friends in London and they can say they have a peruvian friend ;)

Right now they might be shopping in NYC :)

blurbmoi says:
Gosh, I hope we meet up. You're so lucky to have met so many travbuddies!:P
Posted on: Jul 07, 2008
lauro says:
i hope we meet someday? who knows? :D
Posted on: Dec 19, 2007
yadilitta says:
It's my pleasure meeting such great people! What else can I ask for?
Posted on: Dec 19, 2007