Adam made New Orleans even better ;)

New Orleans Travel Blog

with Adam at Mid City Parade

After having been in touch for a couple of weeks, we interchanged phone numbers. The problem was the communication wasn't too good and we got our SMS one hour later.  Finally we could talk to each other and agreed to meet.  I was walking to the corner we designated at the meeting point, trying to find my travbuddy. But I couldn't. Then I noticed a guy was doing the same. We both looked to ourselves, but nobody said anything. I just said, sorry, I'm looking for a friend. And I'm not 100% sure, but I think he answered me: isn't he from TB? hahaha, we just started laughing. Wow! Finally we did it! :)

I'm so glad, I was able to meet him. I was with great friends, but having an extra friend is never a bad idea. Specially if he's so friendly and kind. I introduced him to my friends and he introduced me to his.

having fun at the parade!
We stayed at "my" spot until the parade was getting started. Then we moved to his friend's spot at another street. We were jumping from one spot to another, hehe. Although the superbowl was playing, he joined me to the parades. And we had a blast. He spent some time at our spot at St. Charles and I spent some at his at Napoleon.

While we were watching the parades, it was so much fun, taking some steps back when the bands were coming and steps forward when they left, hahaha. I felt like a kid enjoying every single detail. Adam is from New Orleans, but hasn't been there for Mardi Gras the last 2 years, so it wasn't boring for him ;)

It has been a long evening, but we decided to take a walk and chat.  After a long walk, we arrived back to my friend's house and they had passes to a balcony, so we went to it! It was so much fun! The details are part of the MG Blog.

The next couple of days we have been hanging out. He was teaching me all about the really Mardi Gras. He has been in different places and he shared with me some tips about them. Also he has been in Peru once, but the north and its beaches are still missing, so I hope he'll come to Peru soon. Then I'll be the host and it will be his time to be the guest. I'd take care about him as good as he took care about this peruvian girl.

I really enjoyed Adam's company :)

knp says: