My 1st TB in a foreign country for both of us :) - thanks Sammy!

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

with Sammy

As part of my business trip, I went to Buenos Aires. As soon as I got the confirmation about what cities I'd visit and the dates, I updated the info in my profile. Not even 2 days later, I got a message from Sammy. He's from Australia and was going to Buenos Aires too. He has been travelling around South America and his next destination was Buenos Aires. So, we were in touch and planned to meet once I was there, and so we did ;)

During my first day I was working, had dinner with my boss, but by 9pm I was free. I was in Buenos Aires, should I go to bed early? No way! I had already gotten a message from Sammy. He left me the address of a restaurant/bar where he and his friend would be that night.

cheers with a delicios wine.
So, I called him and let him now, I was in my way to meet them. I asked the guy at the front desk of the hotel how far was this place and he told me it was just a couple of blocks away, so I just walked there.

It was a good idea walking. I was full because of the dinner and the night was perfect. Not cool and not warm. I met him at a place called: Gran Danzon. It was in a 2nd floor. At the very beginning I couldn't find the place, although I had the address. A security guy noticed it and helped me finding the place. People here are friendly if they see you smiling :)

I went upstairs and was looking for my TB. I just knew he was there with a friend. I saw a couple of guys at the end of the bar and one looked a bit like one of his pics. So I approached to him. And he started to talk to me, but something wasn't so good.

new buddies
Oh! I made a mistake, he wasn't Sammy! He was someone else, also waiting with a friend for a girl hahaha. He asked me to join them, but I was looking for Sammy. So I just said: No thanks and turned around. Then I saw him! I didn't find him at first, because he was talking on the phone somewhere else. Anyway, we finally met. He was there with a French friend (I can't remember his name). He's also travelling around the world.

I have already had dinner, but joined them with a tasty wine. You might know, that the wine in Argentina is cheap but very tasty. It doesn't matter which one you choose. Sammy and his friend trusted me for choosing the wine. We got a delicious Malbec from Mendoza. We were chatting and sharing our experiences. Before Bs As Sammy has been in Rio (one of my next destinations during this trip), so he gave me some tips.

thanks!!!!

After dinner, we decided to go to a club. It was Thursday, but everything was open. There was a protest in the streets, but it was safe if you took a cab and drive. We went to a bar, where we met another friend of the guys. She's going to start school soon and was enjoying her last free days in Bs As. good choice! We had a couple of drinks. I had my daiquiri ;)  Then we danced a bit and kept on chatting. I had a blast that night. The next day I was flying to Santa Cruz in Bolivia at noon. So I'd have had time to rest, but I wanted to visit the city too. So I didn't stay until late that night. Also, I haven't slept well the night before.

I spent a great time with Sammy! It was perfect meeting him in Bs As. And he's coming to Lima... so this meeting would have a 2nd part. I guess I shoud say: TO BE CONTINUED...

ps: the next time I'd be the host ;)

yadilitta says:
hahaha, we both are always smiling :)
Posted on: Apr 08, 2008
geerbox says:
"People here are friendly if they see you smiling :)"

I see you used my smiling technique ;)

Wait, you're always smiling anyway :D
Posted on: Apr 08, 2008
Buenos Aires Nightlife & Entertainment review
Wine Bar & Restaurant
This is a small, intimate bar. It has an unmarked hard-to-find entrance, but is located in a very nice area and attracts fashionable people. The atmos… read entire review