Copan to Bay Islands

Utila Travel Blog

Yesterday we arrived to Utila, one of the Bay Islands off the Carribean coast of Honduras. We had left Antigua on Monday, crossed the border and headed to Copan for one night only. It was a long day travel starting at 4am arriving in Copan at about 11am. That afternoon was the only opportuntity to see the Copan Ruins before leaving the next morning to Utila. Tired and quite frankly quite irritable, some of us hired a guide and went round the ruins for 3 hours. The guide was actually the best one i've had visiting ruins. He was obviously quite passionate about Mayan Culture. He even spoke Mayan. By the time he had finished and I'd already had my emergency Snickers I had to have a nap before another early start at 6am. We stay for 3 whole nights here much to everyones relief and I lucked out getting a huge single room wth sofa and hammock out on the balconey. Last night descended into a very drunken night and so today has been mainly by the pool and  recharging. I rained very heavily last night (and I got caught in it) so were half expecting 3 days of rain but so far its been nice. I haven't really had a chance to work on my tan and I think this is the only real opportunity to do so. The football is on this afternoon and there is nowhere to watch it. Apparently the current score is England 0-2 down. Gutted! More rum and coke...

Utila