An Afternoon in Kinsale

Kinsale Travel Blog

Fishy Fishy Cafe

I have heard so many beautiful things about Kinsale and it is only about 15 minutes away by bus from where I work.  But for some reason, no matter how many times I have planned to go there, the plans just wouldn't push through.

Finally, 2 weeks ago, my friend and I made a spontaneous decision to go to Kinsale.  It was Jazz Festival Weekend in Cork so the bus to Kinsale was packed.  And it was a Sunday so the buses came only every 2 hours. We decided to stay for 4 hours and see what we can see in that span of time.  If that's not enough, we can always come back.

When we got down from the bus, we didn't know which direction to go because we didn't do any research at all.

Lovely day in Kinsale
:D We walked around and saw this restaurant called Fishy Fishy cafe where lots of people were standing outside, waiting. The smell of seafood was so inviting, we decided to put our names in the waiting list even if we were told we had to wait for 45 minutes to an hour. After an hour or so, we finally got to our table. The food was really good although quite expensive. I ordered pan-seared tuna with rice and smoked salmon with salad. But we specially loved the white bread they served with the meal!  It was worth the wait.

It rained in Kinsale while we were at the restaurant but it stopped when we went out and the sun started to shine, so we were able to take some really nice pictures of the seaport.:)

We also walked around town for a while and it was full of many nice bars, restaurants, and small shops. Too bad we couldn't stay longer.

Our bus came pretty soon and it was crowded again with hoards of people who went to Kinsale for the day.  And I can now see why.  It is a quaint little town with refreshing views, a taste of Irish night life, and selection of seafood restaurants that's hard to find in other places in Ireland.  Sometimes we tend to take some places for granted because it's too near to us, but sometimes these places turn out to be gems.  I have not even seen Charles Fort yet. I'm sure there's so much more to see in Kinsale, I just need to make time for it.

stabber911 says:
From your blog, I believe you have achieved your goal to travel Europe while you working
Posted on: Dec 05, 2007
The sea port in Kinsale
The sea port in Kinsale
ready to dive in!! :p
ready to dive in!! :p
An anchor in Kinsale
An anchor in Kinsale
Some of the port side houses in Ki…
Some of the port side houses in K…