City Life

Athens Travel Blog

Then it was back to Santorini where we sent the day at the beach with all our luggage as we waited for our flight that afternoon. Malena and I parted company and I stayed on in Athens for a few more days, Where I met up with a few other friends from aust.
In Athens I stayed in a backpackers in a room called the dungeon, which was exactly that, about 3 flights of stairs down in a room that was very hot, no windows, just ten beds, I only stayed there one night and then quickly upgraded to a window room. I visited the acropolis which is currently under construction, so lots of scaffolding. My camera decided the batteries were going to go flat at that moment so I got no photos, oh well. the museums were amazing with artworks, pottery, technologies from as long as 6000 years ago.
We spent our time in the Plaka the very touristy part of Athens where you had people harassing you all the time to buy thing, go into their shop or restaurant, in the end i had to pretend i couldn't hear them. We ate lots of nice food and enjoyed the city life. Their were three protests while i was there, streets completely shut down, taxi strikes, a car bomb and hundreds of riot police, but the traffic kept going and people keep on filling the streets, in other words it was a crazy city.

Athens