Berastagi

Berastagi Travel Blog

Berastagi or Karo Highland is located in the North of Sumatera Island. This place becomes my favorite choice for weekend getaway as it is located in the high place and approximately 50 km away from Medan City by car. View of high hills, green rice fields, various vegetable farms and colorful wild flowers always entertained my eyes and refreshed my mind.

Berastagi is a small city; however this place offers many tourism objects to visit.  First of all is the Traditional Karo Batak architecture along the road shows the strong culture influence this place. Every time I visited Berastagi, I always tried to stop by at the beautiful Sipiso-piso waterfall which offers the view of Danau Toba from West Coast.

Berastagi produced good quality fruits and vegetables. One time my friends and I helped the local farmers harvest tomatoes, carrots and oranges. We worked for free, but they gave us free and fresh fruits and vegetables to show gratitude!

Night time is the best time to visit Sidebuk-debuk hotsping to soak and pamper your body by enjoying the natural hot spring.

rintjez says:
Yes, the real one is prettier ^_^
Posted on: Jan 15, 2008