Kick'n it

Bangkok Travel Blog

Saturday Ach was feeling better and out of the hospital by around 12pm. The rest of the day we kind-of took it easy. Went and had a 2 hour massage at Ach's uncle's spa. Amazing! On the way home from the massage we stopped at this great restaurant called MK's. It consists of a crock'Pot in the center of the table. You order certain items, throw them into the pot for them to cook. And Walla! You havd Soup. I actually went to the place the day before, but I didnt mind. Then taking a taxi to Ach's aunts we noticed a small concert going on. We stopped there. Paid to enter and saw a small variety-show-like concert. It was kinda funny. Everyone was kinda out of sync. Of course it was in Thai so I had no idea what they were saying.
Then grabbed another taxi, and once we entered Ach's aunt's development we saw everyone outside lighting off small floating things and hot-air balloon-like objects into the sky. So we stopped and did the same. The reason for this was because it was the last full moon of the year, so the Thais celebrate this as a "New Year", in a sense. You may have seen these things floating into the air in the movie "The Beach". One of my favorites. I later organized a trip to a Northern city of Ayuthaya, about 2 hours away via train with a bunch of Ach's friends that we had previously met up with in Phuket.
Bangkok