Diving Day!

Phuket Travel Blog

Diving Day. The task at hand... Ach and I were to head South of Phuket on a tour, and my first experience of diving. The bus picked us up at 830am, then hopped a boat. Got a little instruction. Grabbed my digital camera(Of which i have a waterproof case for) and plunged into the sea. We all floated around for a while before we descended about 50ft into the ocean. Luckily, right-off-the-bat we saw a sting-ray swimming right beside us. Then a trumpet fish and lots of other kinds of fish, I have no idea what they were. They do like to eat bananas however. Our tour guide brought a bunch of bananas out while a frenzy of fish swarmed around us. Quite a trip. It really wasn't as hard to breathe with the oxygen tanks as I thought it would be.

After we hopped back on the boat, we had lunch. Of which we were then given the opportunity to do a little snorkeling along the coral reef. Amazing colors, fish, clams, and all kinds of things literally at my fingertips.
Then another dive. This time a little deeper, and a little longer length of time. Saw another sting-ray with a blue tail, a stick-fish, blow-fish, and up overhead I was pretty sure there were a few barracudas just cruising by. I swear I even saw a monterey eel hiding within some coral. The whole trip underwater was unlike anything else I've ever done. Its a whole other world down there, and you never know what you're going to stumble across.
After the dives, Ach and I took the boat back to shore, found the bus and headed back to the hotel. We were exhausted. Later we met up with her sister Liz and Sean for a great dinner at Joe South.
missandrea81 says:
I'm hoping to finally get to dive myself. I'm a little freaked about underwater "breathing" myself. Your story gives me hope. Nice blog!
Posted on: Dec 26, 2011
wbboy29 says:
Man, isn't scuba diving AMAZING!!! I did it for my first time in Bahamas a about a year ago. One of the coolest things I have ever done. We even got to do a shark dive out there. Friggin CRAZY, haha. :)
Posted on: Dec 29, 2007
Jelly says:
Oh I'm so envious... is this the first time you went diving?? I agree with you, it's a world of it's own... I love to dive! Scuba, snorkel and free dive I love under water life!
Posted on: Nov 29, 2007