Arrive in Phuket

Phuket Travel Blog

Today was the day. Me, Ach, Liz and Sean were to hitch a flight to Phuket Thailand. I woke up early and went downstairs to meet up w/ Ach and her grandmother. What a character! Her grandmother claims to be about 90 years old, however that changed about 5 times through-out the morning conversation from 90 to 86 to 88 etc. She would sing and do karate-like moves again and again. I have video of this also. I also met Ach's mom. Breakfast was amazing! All kinds of traditional Thai dishes. AND I tried Dorean(Not sure how to spell that), this was one of the worst tastes ever! I have video of that as well. Later Ach and I took a bike ride through town, saw a huge monitor lizard... which basically is a lizard thats the size of a medium sized dog(Looks like the famed Kimono Dragon) on the side of the road. Just hang'n out. After our trip via bike we all packed up our stuff, hopped in Ach's Aunt's car and headed off to the airport.
When we got to the airport, the airline decided they were going to change our flight to 2 hours later. So we all went for a drink. On the bus to the plane we actually ran into 3 other people that were meeting us there. Shelly, Erika, and Brenda. Guess they booked the same flight. We all got on the plane and headed to Phuket. After an hour ride from the Phuket airport we arrived at our destination, Sugar Palms Hotel. Really nice place. Very modern.
That night we all 7 of us headed to a restaurant that was right on the beach and had dinner. Of course the first thing we all looked for was waves for surfing. TO our surprise there were lots. Too bad it was night tho. The next morning Ach and I were getting up first thing and surf'n all-day-long.
cheriecher says: