Driving thru the country

Ecuador Travel Blog

Countryside

Upon arriving in Quito from Caracas Venezuela,  I noticed the difference right away.  The people seemed more friendly and willing to help.  We  had already altered our trip because we hadn't planned on spending as much money as was wanted in Venezuela.  Venezuela was a very expensive country, so we booked a flight into Ecuador.  My best friend is a Native Ecuadorian so he was to be my very own personal private tour guide.  Ecuador also uses American money and everything seemed so much less expensive.  We got a compact rental car at the Quito Airport and planned our trip accordingly.   We headed to Guayaquil the first day.

It was a lot of driving, but to see the gorgeous countryside was breathtaking for me.  While we were in Iraq many of my friends and I would have 'discussions' about who was 'more cultured'.  I never thought I would be so grateful and appreciative of being shown Ecuador.  It was my first time to South America and it surely will NOT be my last.  Yes there were poor parts of the country, but the food was so good and the people were all so kind.