Delhi... Entry Point

New Delhi Travel Blog

Morning of Tuesday, we left Changi Airport to Delhi not aware that we will pass by Bangkok as our stopover. I realized that our Indian experience started on board of this flight. I had my first cottage cheese which is a normal ingredient of Indian food but I had no chance of trying it before. The stewardess were really beautiful but one or two of them were frowning most of the times. Unlike the other airlines I tried before, the stewardess atleast smirked. On this flight, I was intimidated to ask them even for a glass of water. Though there's one who manage to throw a smile atleast once in my whole 7 hours flight which mostly I spent sleeping.

I was with two female friends on this trip, and they decided to get a package instead of navigating India by ourselves.

Since we are on package, we expected someone to pick us up from the airport. We were guessing whose name would be displayed on the flash card of the one waiting for us. Lucky me, it was my name written on a white cardboard. After exchanging his and hellos, the guide whose name I forgot gave us floral garland. That orange garland served as a sort of scarlet letter on us, which means we are tourists. hahaha.

Since we arrived late in Delhi, there are not much places we can see. However, we decided to pass by the Parliament House complex and the beautiful Indian Gate. The gate has been built around 1921 to commemorate Indian soldiers who died during the World War 1 and the Afghan War. I found this gate to be too romantic (not in a cheesy way). The Indians have carved all the 90,000 dead soldier's names on every brick of this structure. That is just too "sweet" for a respect to the fallen soldiers. India had me at this.

After the gate, we went for our dinner. The streets of Delhi reminds me of Manila, albeit no order unlike in Singapore, there is so much of a character in Delhi. Chaotic but lovely.

New Delhi