France

Brittany Travel Blog

Here I go for the second time !!

This is IT!! my first day of my BIG R.T.W trip...Having finally taken the plunge, (for the second time) and having spent time away from home for 3 months in NIMES, FRANCE in 2005, I drove to PORTSMOUTH, ENGLAND to catch the overnight 11 hour ferry crossing to St. MALO, FRANCE. I found a job on the internet for a company who installed and maintained mobile homes in Europe for the tourists that would descend that summer. I applied fairly late for the position, but  was offered a months contract in BRITTANY, FRANCE. It was enough for me to find my feet and move onto better things - not knowing what those would be. I was on my first day of a brand new BIG Adventure and so excited by it all.

I arrived at the ferry terminal, checked in and boarded the ferry.

Home for the first 11 hours!
The ferry crossing was a bit time consuming for my liking, but all amenities and facilities were available for the 11 hour crossing. I slept most of it in a cabin, as I would have a 3 hour drive and an afternoons work in front of me once I arrived in France. From the ferry terminal in France, I drove 3 hours 'Westerley' to Brittany and onto a little resort called St. Jean de Monts. This was to be my home and experiences for the next month. It consisted of working 10 hour days, 6 days a week with accomodation supplied in a 6 berth mobile home all to myself.  The work consisted of siting, blocking, connecting services - electric, water and sewage to the mobile homes. After a month, my contract ended and I set out for the SOUTH of FRANCE to search for further work, experiences and fulfillment. I was not disappointed!

Next stop - MONTPELIER, FRANCE.