Biking Tulips '98

Amsterdam Travel Blog

I had been riding on Saturday mornings around Dallas with a biking club.  The leader of the bike ride, Norma Lou, was planning her annual biking trip, this year a return to Holland.  Three of us from that Saturday bike ride decided to go along.

I had made my bike tour reservations about six months in advance, purchased my Lufthansa ticket and found a room.  I made the room reservation using a credit card that would expire in January, my trip taking place the end of April.  Everything was set, this was not my first trip abroad.  A couple of weeks before the flight I called the hotel to confirm, as it turned out, I did not have a reservation.  After some consternation, several phone calls, additional emails and some haggling, the room showed up.  Turns out, I should have updated the credit card with the hotel.

During the interim, from making plans to departure, the four of us in the biking group got together for planning, food, drinks and good times.  We'd meet up again with the bike tour in Leiden on a fine Sunday afternoon, May 03.
photo by: pearcetoyou