Here we go!

Guatemala City Travel Blog

After months of planning were finally ready to go.

This is the first time Perla and I organize a trip of this size. To be honest, I didn't think it was going to be that hard when we started. In the end we had to coordinate 36 plane tickets, 14 hotel reservations, 5 destinations and 8 travelers!

Apparently that wasn't hard enough, because the Department of Homeland Security felt that I needed a bigger challenge and decided to set my permanent residence interview for the same dates of this trip! Two applications , 3 visit to the INS office in Chicago and $300.00 later (ouch) I was able to get a reschedule and a travel permit.

The traveling group also sufferd some changes since we started planning this trip in February. Along the way we lost Samir (crazy indian dude) and Manci,  Maria and Tim (congratulations on the pregnancy), and we gained Christian and Oralia.

Our trip began today  at 6:00 Am when Christian and Oralia took the plane to Guatemala. Perla and I will follow on Thursday, and we expect the rest of the group to arrive on Saturday.

It's going to be interesting so stayed tuned for updates!

dolo says:
It seems that everyone is enjoying the trip, I wish I could have gone there, maybe next time. The places that you stayed, visited, the food mmmmmm...... will be an wonderful experience for all of you. Loved the pictures. Thank you for sharing these fantastic moments. Sending many hellos for my Chicago friends. We are lucky to have a friend like Luis and Perlita -- From Florida: Maria Kambourelis
Posted on: Nov 12, 2007
srexroad says:
Cool Kites! What's with the short sleeve shirts, were are the long coats, its 35 degrees here at night!! Have fun -- Rex
Posted on: Nov 05, 2007