EuropeNorwayOslo

my first day in Oslo

Oslo Travel Blog

Karljohan, the main street of Oslo
After a good night sleep I finally got my energy back and I felt ready to finally see the city of Oslo. We took the trikk (which is what they call to their trams) and got off at Brugata. And then we (my aunt and I) went inside the mall called Oslo City and met up with her friend. I was first confused about 'Oslo City' but it wasn't long until I realized that Oslo City refers to the mall and not the city of Oslo itself.
This mall is not hard to find and you can find it near the Oslo Central Station in Jernbanetorget.

After having some coffee and drinks in Oslo City, me and my aunt left and walked to Karljohan which is the main street of Oslo. I really had no idea what Oslo looks like so I was really surprised that it was actually quite a beauty. It is just a small city that's why you can see the main sites just by mostly walking.

There were lost of shops and restaurants along Karljohan and also some major hotels. My aunt showed me the Stortinget which is the Parliament building. And then there's the Nationaltheatret (National Theather). From there we headed to Akerbrygge which is the port of the city. Flowers were still in bloom and that made the place more beautiful. After walking around the area, we went back to Karljohan and headed to the Royal Palace. It was fun to see some royal guards marching to and from their designated place.

After that we walked through Karljohan again and went to play some bingo. Most people that you would see in bingo games in Oslo are either old Norwegians or foreigners/immigrants. After playing some games I went out for a while and walked around Majorstua. There was this old building there that was said to be used as a prison in the world war days. I forgot it's name unfortunately. I took some pictures and then joined my aunt in the bingo again.

That was my first day. I intended on staying in Oslo for months so there was no rush in seeing everything on my first day.
sylviandavid says:
Hello.... I read my note again and I sound quite rude... I am sorry.... I should tell you that I really enjoyed your blog... Happy travels! Sylvia
Posted on: Nov 09, 2007
darlingwish says:
i dont know ???? i'll try to fix this blog. thanks for telling me =)
Posted on: Nov 09, 2007
sylviandavid says:
How in the world did the google advertisement wind up in the middle of your blog?
Posted on: Nov 08, 2007