EuropeNorwayOslo

Around Oslo w/ Phydie day3

Oslo Travel Blog

Day 3 // October 29 2006

We went to the Vigelands Park on the third day and last day of touring with Phydie. We took pictures and had fun poses with the sculptures. I loved all the fallen leaves scattered in the park since autumn is my favorite season of all.

It was already starting to get dark when we left and we took the trikk to the Akershus Fortress in Aker Brygge. We walked around the fortress at night and also finally had the urge to pose with a royal guard.

As we got back to the gate we entered we saw that it was already locked. It was my 2nd time there but I didn't know any other gates so I just thought to myself, "We're screwed".. Phydie said that she's close to crying but we still somehow had some hopes. We were thinking of maybe squeezing ourselves at the small opening at the bottom of the gate but that was too small for us.
Oslo Vigelands Park
We also had some bad ideas of climbing over the walls but the worst idea for me was to spend the night there in the freezing cold. Thank goodnes we weren't so stupid to do any of those thing so we did what any normal people would do in times like this. We searched for other gates and it wasn't long until we saw some life forms. But those people, probably rich, were having some party and we didn't want to ask any of them. We finally saw a couple at the parking lot and they showed us the way out.

Phydie went back to Germany the next morning and we were both tired and slept almost the whole day after.

I really had tons of fun! It's nice to be a tour guide (though not very helpful at some times) and at the same time exploring the city once again.

P.S. If you are able to see the date of our pictures here please ignore them. They are not correct because it shows August instead of October.. Blame it on Phydie's camera. It doesn't know how to put on the right date by itself. LoL.
sylviandavid says:
fun blog and fun adventures... thanks for sharing it.... sylvia
Ferreira says:
Nice review!
might not be a very poetic one, but you really told us the story ;-D
Johnb42 says:
Great pics and I think you look just great......besides looks aren't everything ya know!! Have a wonderful adventure, maybe I'll run into you on the trail sometime.
Bad hair day
Bad hair day
me and Sinnataggen. i dont look as…
me and Sinnataggen. i dont look a…
Oslo