Mendoza, Argentina

Mendoza Travel Blog

Over our long weekend I was able to travel to Mendoza.  A few of us flew while the rest took the bus.  It was interesting to fly domestic airlines in a foreign country.  I found that it was not that much different than in the states except it was much less rigid.  Upon arriving in Mendoza I quickly noticed the contrasts between that city and Buenos Aires.  Again, the quality of the air was obvious as soon as I stepped off the plane.  The air in Mendoza was fresh, clean and crisp.  The city is very flat and backs up to the Andes Mountains which are amazing to see alone.  Mendoza has a system of canals and waterworks that line the streets of the city, piping water all over the province from the Mendoza River.  I witnessed first hand the many vinyards, olive gardens and other large plots of land devoted to some form of agriculture.  Life in Mendoza was much calmer, which is to be expected, and everyone there definitely enjoys their local wines.  We stayed in a hostel where we shared living space with students and other young people from all over the world; England, Ireland, Holland, South Africa, Peru and other parts of Argentina.  These experiences along with our various excursions around Mendoza like paragliding and wine tours were especially enriching and could not have been shared in Buenos Aires.  This trip also allows me to make comparisons between it and the big city, as well as, letting me share in more of the country outside of Buenos Aires.  Mendoza has been one of the best parts of this trip so far.
Mendoza