Day trip to Manchester - Dr Who and shopping!!

Manchester Travel Blog

Enterance to the Dr Who Exhibition

When we finally arrived in Manchester after a really uneventful train journey we had a brisk walk to The Museum of Science and Industry, wheer the Dr Who exhibition was.  When we arrived we were given a timed ticket - which ment we had to go away and come back about an hour later and then we could actually buy a ticket and go in, it is there way of controlling how long a queue they get!!  So we had about an hour to kill so we decided we would see some of the other exhibits in the museum - which are free!!

We went first to the transport section, lots of aeroplanes and other methods of transport.  We had picked up a quiz sheet to do while we were there so this ment that if we were to complete all the answers before going in to Dr Who the rest of the Muesum was going to been seen very quickly. I found the Mueusum very interesting, what I saw of it, and would like to go back there one day to see it more slowly!!  Then a quick dash to the Rail Transport Section, before going into Dr Who.

Face of Boa

Finally our time came for Dr Who. Everyone was very excited, Sam was bursting with his excitement!  we had our tickets and in we went.  This exhibition was very different to the one we had been to a few days earlier in Blackpool as this was about the current Dr and mainly about the 3rd series.  It was nice to look at the costumes and porps form the more recent Dr Who's.  Sam liked being the Darlek and was able to recall what episodes the different characters came from - he just soo loves Dr Who.

After the Dr Who exhibition we had a quick look around the shop - we bought some recycled wine glasses made from old glass bottles. They are really cool.  Then it was time for lunch - we went to Pizza Hut.  After telling them how to arrange the tables so that we could all sit together we enjoyed our pizza.

Cyberman
  We did mangae to get jamies meal for free as they for got to cook it and so he had a longer wait than the rest!!

Then it was time for a bit of shopping.  We went to the Arndale Centre and found a great shop called 'Hidden Corner". This shop sold 'ladies fashion' - tights, stockings etc and we were able to find just what we had been looking for, for Petes panto costume!!  The only problem was they didn't have the red tights just the yellow, but they said they would get them in after Halloween, if we could return to collect them!!  After a few moments thought I said sure not a prob, as my step-brother works in Manchester he can get them for us - if not my mum can when she visit in a few weeks!!  So that was that tights sorted for Pete!!

As time was getting on we decided to head for home.  Another uneventful trip on a train back to St Annes.

Clockwork Doll
  A quick stop at Sainsburys - shopping for tea and then home.

Rob cooked our evening meal - sausages and mash, carrots and baby sweet corn. It was very nice and then we followed it with ice-cream with smarties, milky buttons, sprinkles and toffee sauce - just like the 'Ice Cream Factory' in Pizza Hut!!

A good day was had by all.

brownh27 says:
That would have been something to have seen!! Something I am sure you will never forget hehe
Posted on: Dec 10, 2007
sarahelaine says:
teehee. Actually, he was the first non-family member I ever saw naked, in a play in the west end. I was about 15, the teachers obviously hadn't read the playscript, and I think it left a real impression!
Posted on: Dec 10, 2007
brown27 says:
Forget David I quite like Billie!
Posted on: Dec 07, 2007
Jadoon
Jadoon
Darlek
Darlek
Sam with help form mum controlling…
Sam with help form mum controllin…
Sam in frony of the TARDIS
Sam in frony of the TARDIS
The Hilton Hotel - How does it sta…
The Hilton Hotel - How does it st…
Manchester Station
Manchester Station
Manchester Station again
Manchester Station again
Manchester Sights & Attractions review
This is a fantastic shop located on the upper floor in the Arndale Centre. It sells ladies fashion - well anything in the hosiery section plus lots of… read entire review
Manchester