Day in St Annes

St Annes Travel Blog

Walking in the 'Magic maze'

Today started off quite lazy, well if you can call being woken by 2 small children at 7 lazy then yes it was a lazy start to the day.  We had our breskfast and prepared to go out for the day - always a long task, checking that we had enough nappies, wipes and changes of clothes!!

Soon after 10am we set fo for the sea front.  The tide was a long way out, but that was not to worry us as our plan was to walk along the sea front and into town - to shop!!!!

The boys (Jamie and Sam) ran through the 'Magic Maze' - it is not really a maze or magical but lots of paths along the sea front that you can get lost in and Jamie has always called it that so it just stack.  They enjoyed themselves and as we walked slowly behind them.  It was quite hard to push the buggy along the paths as they were quite narrow, so ws soon opted to walk along the sea front.

More 'magic maze'
  The weather was not too bad, dry and a little chilly.

As we continued along the sea front we saw some men trying to dig their landrover out of the sand. It was really funny to watch them.

It was then a walk along the shops in St Anne's  We wreer trying to find bits for Pete's costume for the Panto he is in at Christmas so we were searching the Charity shops for leggings and tights, but no luck today.  We did however go into a shoe shop with the aim of getting Sue some new shoes and were very sucessfull in buying shoes for her and Pete - shoes they both wore for the rest of the week.  In fact Sue wore hers out the shop!!!

We the found Sainsbury's and bought some more food for the week.

From inside the 'magic maze'
  I love supermarket shopping when no can decide what we are having!!!

Our next stop was lunch.  By know we were all getting hungry so we found a cafe and ate.  I had a hugh tuna salad and a lovely hot chocolate which kept me going for ages!!  Next to the cafe was a playpark, so that was our next stop.  I think it was really for Sam and Jamie to have a play in, but Sue and I decided it would be a good idea to go on the seesaw and I also went down the slide - I am really a big kid at heart!!

When we left the park we walked home and ready for a nice cuppa and sat down to watch the motor racing..

That eveing we had chicken and rice for tea - another yummy meal by Rob.

Walking in the Magic maze
Walking in the 'Magic maze'
More magic maze
More 'magic maze'
From inside the magic maze
From inside the 'magic maze'
Water fall in magic maze
Water fall in 'magic maze'
ducks!!
ducks!!
A sea front hotel
A sea front hotel
View of St Annes looking toward th…
View of St Annes looking toward t…
The sea is out there somewhere!!
The sea is out there somewhere!!
Where is the sea?
Where is the sea?
Oh dear our truck is stuck!!
Oh dear our truck is stuck!!
The enterance to the pier