Visalia Vacation at the Ben Maddox House

Visalia Travel Blog

Ben Maddox House, Visalia, CA

Made our way to Visalia, CA and pulled into the dated Ben Maddox House, built in 1876.  It looked like something staright out of a civil war movie, with sloping roofs, a high cieling, original hardwood floors and very discreet and quiet atmosphere, private entrace and all. The wife wanted a Lincoln room, so we had a private doorway with a porch and swing all to ourself. Luckily it was only the wife and me, as they have a restriction of two people per room. The bed was magnificient, though. Really comfortable and very relaxing.

Dinner was a private affair too, with a private table and complimentary beverages. Considering it was just an overnight stay for us, and considering that I just looked up Visalia vacations on the internet to get hold of some overnight lodging in Visalia, the Ben Maddox was a huge and pleasant surprise and we mulled over staying back for a couple of days and enjoying the peace and poking around Visalia the next day.

The next morning we visited the The Mooney Grove Museum, which had a lot of historic Indian bowls and weapons. The oak trees in the Park were really majestic. We'll be going to Sequoia National Park and I have a budding enthusiasm for some nature exploration.

photo by: Hummingbird