Catching the plane

Helsinki-Vantaa airport Travel Blog

5:30 AM.

I left my Yaris to the holiday-parking in Helsinki-Vantaa airport and headed towards the international flights terminal. Because I do nightshift as a warehouse worker, I was already a bit tired. I should always just travel to americas to avoid the jetlag, since we match, hehe. I planned to take both, the acoustic guitar and the banjo, with me but as Patrick, the banjo hero wasn't coming, I left my Harley-Benton (banjo) home, hoping that Tor, the Norwegian guy, had taken his one. He lives in the southwest coast of Norway and had been driving Patrick around from Norway to Dresden and Kiel, Germany. So he'd already got some km's before we met. The another reason to leave a piece of luggage was that only one handbaggage was allowed, 2 bags in cargo. Since I already had my suitcase and a backbag, there wasn't space for more than 1 instrument.

So that's enough about the baggage. I walked into terminal 2 and saw my 7:10 flight to Stockholm, Sweden was cancelled, sweet.. Fortunately the next flight was already 8:00 so I still got like an hour extra time in Stockholm before the DASH to Trondheim, Norway was going to board. So I checked in, walked through security check and bought 60 min prepaid code for the WLAN, unbelievable waste of cash. The piece of crap didn't work with the first code, but the second one was a way better. I typed a short message to Tor about my flights, surfed a bit and took off.
Helsinki-Vantaa airport